Tuesday, August 14th, 2012

1.  I had to go to the dentist today.  Let's just say it was a trial.  I was fitted for a new crown on one tooth and had a filling from my childhood removed and had a new filling put it.  They were next to each other and are my upper back teeth.   I have a small mouth and my jaw can't open very far.  The dentist started out with a rubber damn but removed it halfway through because my jaw was about to pop.  Then they inserted some other kind of damn but before they were done (2 1/2 hours) I was about to cry.  Let me say here that my dentist is very kind, very good and not aggressive in making you get work done, but on the last appointment he finally said it was time after two years to get things done before they got any worse.  I also choke easily, not gag, but choke so several times I felt I was drowning.  He would stop and let me rest and was so kind.  I go back in two weeks for the final crown and hope that I don't have to return for a long time except for cleanings.
2.  Wayne came home from work and made prime rib quesadillas, Mexican corn and his three berry dip.  I love it when he cooks. 
3.  Kee called and they are moving in to their new rented house in Hamilton, MT.  Their home in Billings sold.  It's a done deal.  We are so happy that that worry is behind them.
4.  I finished the book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks".  I loved it.  It's a true account of a black woman's cells being used for medical research.  I started reading "Cold Mountain".
5.  We have had a lot of spiders trying to creep in the house.  I heard on the news that spiders don't like the high 90 degree temps we have been having for weeks and they try to find cooler dark spots in the house.  Wayne got out his trusty sprayer and sprayed around the foundation and the bushes that are getting covered with webs.  He also knocked down several HUGE hornet's nests so now maybe we can sit on the deck without being stung or bitten this Fall.

No comments: