Monday, August 13th, 2012

1.  Well, I didn't have withdrawal from the Olympics after all.  In truth, I was glad to be away from the TV today and to just read.  I am reading "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks".  It's a true story of a black woman who was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Her cells were taken without permission used for research. Because they were so different, they would not die like most cells.  The world is a different place because of the research that was done on her cells.
2.  Wayne and I both neglected to get our prescriptions filled in a proper time so we both went to Walgreen's to get them.  Since we have met our HUGE deductible, all of our prescriptions are now $10 each.
3.  We found ourselves at U-Swirl again.  It's the best frozen yogurt.
4.  I had a big work day today with laundry, vacuuming, sweeping and cleaning carpets.
I still am a lazy person with a likeness for clean so I work through my lazy and get it done.  I'd rather dance, sing to the radio, read,  do crosswords or visit.
5.  It has been in the 90's for two weeks now and only cooling down to the low 70's.  The humidity has been high but no rain so I just stay inside and keep the air conditioning at 76.  One day I will go out and ride my bike when I can stand the temps.

No comments: