Sunday, August 12th, 2012

1.  Michelle Beeston played "If You Could Hie to Kolob" as a piano solo today.  It was so beautiful and is my favorite hymn.
2.  Tanner Beeston had his mission farewell today.  His family is wonderful and will be a big support for him.  He is smart and charming and will do well.
3.  I really enjoyed Sunday School today.  We were reading in Alma and talked about the wars and how bloody and awful they were but how we can learn from them.  The first time I read the Book of Mormon all I could think about was the destruction, the wars and awful things that happened.  The second time was better and now when I read it I see the love the Lord has for us and how God is present in all of our lives even when we don't know or acknowledge it and even when bad things happen.
4.  Amy and the kids came for dinner.  Wayne had gotten rib steaks to grill.  I really didn't want him to get them because I am a cheapskate and can't justify 3 steaks for $26.00.  Yes, we eat steak out once in a while, but when I get steak out, I don't do any work.  It is cooked for me, I get salad, a potato, veggie, a soft drink, no clean up and ambiance for my money.  I have to say it was delicious though and we may do it again in 6 months.
5.  We watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.  I did really did not like them much.  Wayne did.  I don't like the voices of Annie Lennox, George Michael, and most of the other musical acts, most that I had not even heard of.  The costumes were weird and the concepts even weirder and I was bored.  I know nothing can compare to the Chinese Olympics but I guess I expected a little more.  I did like John Lennon, and Eric Idolwho sang "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".  That's my new mantra. OK, that's not new.  That has always been my mantra......so the steaks were great, the athletes were inspiring, the music was catchy and the English put on a great show for 17 days.

No comments: