August 15th through August 22nd 2012

1.  It has been over 60 days with the temperatures over 90 and I am done with it.  I am still having trouble with my internal thermometer and I can't stand anything over 77 degrees.  Will this ever end?
2.  Colett and I have gone to Amy's twice to help her paint and baby sit Era.  Her basement is 90 percent done.  Wayne did the electrical wiring and hung some lights.
The carpet is in.  Amy had a hard time painting over the robot she had painted on the wall in E's room.  He has a new room downstairs and Era now has a new one where E once slept.  There is now a family room and a place for E to play.
3.  Nick made the football team at his high school.  He is worried about it and is working out and practicing a lot.
4.  Isabelle's aunt gave her a few lighter locks in her hair.  It looks so cute .
5.  Alex moved to Billings after working at the scout camp all summer.  He is 18 and is flying the coop so to speak.  I hope he works hard and gets ready for his mission.
6.  Joey seems to be having a hard time adjusting to moving to a new town his sophomore year.  I don't blame him. 
7.  I have been picking the garden but the produce is not as good as other years.  The beans area all bean and no flesh.  The tomatoes are plentiful but the flavor is not as good as other years.  The apples are full of worms because I let the robin family roost there and Wayne didn't get to spray.  I just cut around the worms and they are really delicious.
8.  I had made a photo album for Isabelle a couple of years ago.  She must have liked it because it is worn out on the front.  It is an odd size so I took it back and reinforced the front, and now after a year, I finally got my printer to work so I can finish it for her.
9.  I have been reading every day.  Some books are just fun, some thought provoking, and some are really good.  I also keep my church magazine in the bathroom and read it every time I use it.
10.  Era was blessed on the 19th and she was so good and so sweet and so beautiful as Matt and the others blessed her.  She fell asleep in their arms and when they brought her back to Amy she just curled up in Amy's arms and slept the rest of the meeting.  Matt gave a beautiful blessing.
11.  Wes went fishing for 4 days to the Wind River area.  He said there were lot of fish. 
12.  Shon and Kee celebrated their 19th anniversary.  Boy time has gone quickly.  He got Kee a Kindle for their anniversary and she was so thrilled.  She will fill it up quickly.  She reads more than anyone else that I know.
13.  I had a cavity filled and a prep for a new crown on my back tooth.  The temporary crown fell off twice.  I had to go back and get it put on again.  UGH!
14.  Wayne and I went to Idaho Falls and spent the night.  We went to the movie and had dinner.  I had not seen the other Bourne movies but Bourne Legacy was good.
15.  The sweet potato plants in my rock wall have gone crazy and are falling to the grass and are beautiful and huge.  I will use them every year from now on.
16.  Colett and Mart got their (new to them) Honda Pilot.  It is a very nice car and only had 54,000 miles on it and was in really good shape.  I hope it treats them well for a long time.
17.  My hair grows so fast.  I think it has grown 3 inches since my last appointment.  That makes it hard to keep up with the roots and I need to get it cut again already.
18.  I need to go get blood tests again.  My pituitary tumor is a big pain.  Not literally since I don't have any pain at all, but because of all the bad things it does to my body.....weight gain, unwanted hair, not enough sleep, stupor of thoughts, intolerance to heat and cold etc.  I hope that is the least of my problems though.  I will take that over other things that people have to endure.
19.  I am missing my family members that I don't get to see often....Shon and family, Mom and Dad, and my sibs.  I am so thankful for Facebook, email etc. so I get to see photos and catch up on their goings on.
20.  Wayne's job is going well for which I am very, very grateful during these economic times.  We have insurance, and all the necessities of life and some of the luxuries too.  I look around every single day and thank God for all my blessings and I know where they come from.

No comments: