Monday, June 4th, 2012

1.  I usually do all my chores on Monday, but had to wait since the girls and I had planned a shopping trip to Park City for today.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go since my back is still so bad, but I took 4 Ibuprofin and an Aleve plus a Lidocaine patch on my back and went.  I actually didn't do too badly since I was only walking.  I did find a few summer clothes and at great prices.  They actually have the summer items on sale and have been getting in winter clothes already.  Most of the things I got were $7 to $15 each.  Amy got some things for E and the baby and Colett scored on sale items for her kids and herself.  We ate at Arby's and then went to T.J. Maxx and found a few more things.  We also went to Whole foods and I got some broccoli salad and some grilled zucchini for dinner. 
2.  The weather was very hot today (set a new record at 97 degrees) but in Park City it was probably 10 degrees less so it was pleasant.  The garden is really liking the sun and heat. 
3.  We took my car to P.C. since I get good mileage.  Colett drives a Suburban.  Need I say more?  We had to stop in Heber for construction for 20 minutes and then another 10 or so later down the road, and then we had to drive slow by a million orange barrels and so we lost a little time and gas mileage.  I am beginning to hate orange barrels and cones.  They are all around us they have been a constant thing for 2-3 years now.
4.  Wes and Amy spent the night since it is so hot and they don't have air conditioning. Their swamp cooler is not up and going.
5.  I am tired and hurt but not as  much as I thought I would be by the end of the day.  It was fun and I love being with my girls and grand kids.  They were amazingly good all day.






No comments: