Saturday, May 26th, 2012

1.  Alex called and said he got his birthday card and thanked us for the money  She said he is getting some new shoes with it.  He wasn't home when we called him last night because he worked at the pre-school all day and then went to DJ a dance until 10.
2.  I got my flowers planted and got the flower gardens weeded but found out I needed more flowers so we went to Lowe's and got more.
3.  I got a new finch feeder with a tray on the bottom.  I'm hoping that saves a lot of feed from being lost and it also has the tiny finch holes so the wind won't blow the seed out.  It wasn't long before they showed up for dinner.  One was really red and so cute and they reward me with their beautiful songs.  There were 3 hummingbirds, and a pair of doves today too. The baby robins are still here and they are learning to fly.  One flew into the side of the house though so needs a little more practice.  The parents are still bringing them worms and put up a fit when we are close to the babies.  They especially don't like Fozzie in the yard.
4.  We went to our gourmet dinner group tonight.  We had salmon marinated in soy and brown sugar,  spinach salad, a fruit tray, risotto with asparagus and goat cheese, and our corn that we worked on yesterday.  For dessert we had a banana cake.  Everything is always so good and the company so grand.
5.  I actually got a 15 minute nap this afternoon.  I started to read and just couldn't keep my eyes opened.  I don't want to take sleep medication so after many sleepless nights, I just crash for a few minutes.  I need to remember to take Ibuprofen each night.  I have arthritis in my leg and hip and I toss a lot in the night because of pain.





No comments: