1. Today is Alex's birthday. He is 18 and I just don't see how that is possible. 2 years ago we didn't know if he would live through the night. They let his friends come to the hospital to see him. After his surgeries, he is doing well and is ready to face the world.
2. Shon made it home to his family this weekend and they are going to pack up a bunch of stuff to take back to Hamilton or put in storage. They are more than ready to be together again. It has been too long.
3. I talked to Amy today. She had her appointment yesterday and although the baby has dropped, she is not dilating yet. She will probably go the whole next week at least.
Emerson keeps asking her every day if the baby is coming out today. She said he has been so good this week.
4. Wayne and I practiced making grilled corn for our gourmet dinner tomorrow. I think we have it figured out and it tastes just right. He grills the corn on the BBQ then transfers it to a frying pan and adds adobo sauce, lime juice, roasted red peppers, a tiny bit of chopped bacon, cilantro, chipoltle sauce and liquid smoke. The sweet of the corn against the tiny bit of heat and saltiness of the chipoltle sauce and smokey flavor makes it a favorite of mine now.
5. Dinner at 5 guys tonight. He forgot to order the small burger so I took off the bun and ate it with a fork. Because of wrecks on the interstate, it took him 1 1/2 hours to get home. He is getting tired of that. I guess that's what happens when you are getting to that retirement age. It's kind of like a kid with senioritis, but he can't graduate yet.