Sunday, April 15th, 2012

1.  We started some new songs in choir practice.  Kaye is a convert with an appreciation for secular but appropriate music with beautiful messages.  I like them very much.  The one we are working on now is "Bow the Knee".
2.  It was ward conference so the primary sang, the bishop spoke and we had a chance to sustain our leaders again.  The stake president also spoke.  He is the sweetest man and his talk touched me a great deal.  You can tell he loves everyone.  He has the sweetest countenance.
3.  Sunday School's lesson was on King Benjamen.  It is one of my most favorite stories in the B.O.M.  The thing that always gets me is that he lived in peace to the end of his days.  Oh what a thought.  With evil all around, you can still have peace.  That is what I strive for.
4.  Matt, Colett and kids and Amy and Wes and E came for dinner.  Wayne made chicken Parmesan, Amy made broccoli rotini and Colett brought apple and berry pies.  Every thing was excellent tonight.  You'd have thought it was Fast Sunday.  We licked the platter clean.
5.  Emerson had a meltdown when they had to leave. He wanted to stay the night,  Amy told him they would came back when Wes had to go to work.  I got lots of hugs from Millie and Isabelle which I love more than anything.  Nick's braces don't hurt him much now so he is OK with them.  He spent a lot of time texting some little gal he has taken a shine to. I did manage 2 hugs from him during the evening.  I may not be cool to hug your Grandma, but I won't let him go home until I get mine.

No comments: