Monday, April 16th, 2012

1.  Well, this week seemed to just fly by and now it's Monday and chore day again.  I did laundry and got it all done and folded. I swept, and cleaned up after the Sunday dinner from yesterday.  Wayne had helped last night and rinsed the dishes so they would
come clean. 
2. We were invited to the Utlye's for a BBQ.  I made a spinach salad to take, Jaymie made rosemary baked fries and Jim grilled the burgers.  Then Jaymie topped it off with a dessert made from pound cake sliced like bread and filled with Nutella and and strawberries, buttered on the outside and grilled in the panini maker.  It was delicious and rich.  You don't need much to satisfy your sweet tooth.
3.  I scared everyone by choking at dinner,  It happens more than I like to admit.  That will probably be the way I will die some day.  I had a hiatal hernia at one time.  It hasn't bothered me for quite a while but still, even if I chew my food very carefully, sometimes a little food will go down my breathing pipe.  Wayne gently did the Heimlich on me and I was able to breathe but I was a little embarrassed.  It was scary as it has been before.  Maybe I need a throat bypass.
4.  It was pretty nice today....in the mid 60's.  I washed my hair and just sat on the deck to air dry it.  It felt so good.  I don't sun bathe any more but just letting the rays shine on my face for a few minutes was divine  I could feel my skin just drinking up the vitamin D.  Fozzie loved that I just left the door open and he could go in and out at will.
5.  I read until 11:30 and will get my book done by Wednesday.  *

No comments: