Thursday, March 1st, 2012

1.  Our ride home started out snowy and miserable but the further we got towards home the better it got.  Wayne did a little business and we got home early.  We had stopped for dinner at Golden Corral.  Wayne thought it was great but I didn't think it was as good as the ones in Montana or Utah.  I had a veggie dinner with broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, sweet potatoes, potatoes, salad with carrots and had a bite of chicken. some crab salad and some bread pudding.  I think it might have liked it better except that  I could smell a horrible smell in the restaurant that smelled like someone had wets their pants and didn't change it for a long time.  I have a very sensitive nose.  Wayne couldn't even smell it, but it was hard to get passed that for me.  It may have been someone around us, and we probably should have moved to
another room.
2.  We always stop at Costco on the way home to stretch our legs and go to the bathroom and just look around and get a drink.  I love that store.  We didn't buy anything, but I have my eye on a couple of things when we get home.
3.  I had chorus tonight.  We are learning the songs pretty quickly and the harmony is beautiful.  We have a new soprano and a new tenor.  I drove and when we went tonight ti was nice and clear.  When we got out at 10:00 it was snowing hard and the car was covered with 3" of snow.  I was afraid I wouldn't make it down and back up the hollow but I geared down and it was OK.  I drove Whitney and I think she was a little afraid  of the road conditions too.  This is March.  We didn't get any snow all year and now when it's time to fly kites, we get this.
4.  Amy and family had to take their car into the dealership to see what was wrong with it.  After a diagnosis, they wanted almost $80 to change the radiator cap.  Duh.....they will get one for $8 at the parts store and let Emerson do it. 
5.  We didn't eat dinner because we had a big lunch so The Holmes' had to fend for themselves again tonight.  They have been with us for two weeks... I think.  I can't remember, but it has been good.

No comments: