Saturday, March 24th, 2012

1.  It was work day today.  Wayne didn't get to play golf so he worked his toosh off and so did I.  Wayne thatched the lawn and then had a guy come right after to plug it.  Then we both raked and raked.  I also trimmed some boxwood's, the yarrow, and cleaned out the grove.  I used the weed blower on the vacuum setting and vacuumed out the flower beds.  I also trimmed up some trees, rosebushes, and flowers.
2.  I trimmed up the little Dr. Seuss tree.  It had partially died last year so I shaped it into a ball instead of the little tufts that it originally had and pulled weeds in that area.
3.  We ended up raking twice, once with the thatched grass and again after the lawn man came.  That was too much for one day.  There is still some left to do for another day.
4.  Scott and Lori came by and told me that Annie McMillan is in the hospital.  Her liver is not working properly.  She has stage 4 cancer and I am pretty upset and frightened for her.  Many prayers are sent her way.  I am her visiting teacher.
5.  We were hungry and tired and went to Chuck a Rama for dinner.  I used to hate that restaurant.  When people would want to go there I would just cringe.  That was in SLC a few years ago.  We went to the one in Draper about a year ago and it was so good, depending on what you like.  The salad bar is great, the rolls are the best I have ever had and the mashed potatoes are real.  I don't use gravy and the flavor was wonderful.  They have fresh banana squash with brown sugar is that yummy and the pork roast with carrots and onions, white fish etc. that are really good.  I stay away from the Italian food.  The bread pudding is really good but the rest of the desserts are so-so.

No comments: