Tuesday, February 14th, 2012

1.  When we woke up I told Emerson it was Valentine's Day.  He wanted to know what that was.  I told him it was a day to tell everyone that you love them.  About an hour later he came over and said "Happy Valentine's Day Grandma, I love you".  Made my day I can tell you.  I also got some real big hugs.
2.  When I woke up there were a dozen roses and a giant box of Oreos on the cupboard along with a Valentine.  I think my hubby is pretty special. Love, love, love him.
3.  I called my parents to tell them that I love them.  I feel so lucky to have them still and to have their example to follow.  This is the news from Wyoming:  my brother Rick tore his bicep muscle.  They can't do surgery and said it would eventually heal but not to full strength.  My sister-in-law Linda is having knee surgery this month.  She is already suffering so much with fibromyalgia, arthritis, degenerative discs in her back and migraines....gosh I worry about her.  Also her Mom is living with her and is slowly dieing.  My brother Jon is taking care of them both.  My other sister-in-law had a pacemaker taken out because it got staph infection.  She has been very ill.  It has not been a good news month for them. 
4.  We tried out the new "Culvers" restaurant.  The cole slaw and chicken and shrimp were very good.  The green beans and Wayne's mashed potatoes were so-so, It's a nice place and a nice addition to Lehi.  We will try something else next time.
5.  I love Pinterest...the recipes, crafts, animal pics,  scrapbook ideas and holiday ideas.

No comments: