Sunday, January 8th, 2010

1.  It is fast Sunday because last week was New Year's.  We didn't have dinner last night and won't get to eat until 6 o'clock tonight so I was pretty hungry.  We have church from 1-4 so it is actually easier to fast when you are not at home.  I did come home and eat a snack.
2.  I am having a disconnect with the world lately.  I have the hardest time concentrating.
I feel like a kid who is at school and looking out the window. My mind is wandering a lot. I tried to concentrate at church, but I had to keep forcing myself back into reality.  I don't think it is age related (hope not) but I just keep thinking of other things. Hopefully this will pass.
3.  The kids came for dinner.  Wayne made twice baked potato flavored mashed potatoes and pork chops, I made my Mom's home-made BBQ sauce to go on them,  Amy did broccoli with cheese, Colett made gingerbread with my Mom's caramel sauce and real whipped cream.  On fast Sunday we pretty much lick the platter clean.
4.  Amy and E spent the night. Amy is feeling well most of the time now and it is such a blessing.
5.  I read E several books before bedtime.  It is fun for him and for me.
6.  I looked up at one point in the evening and everyone except me was plugged in.  Nick was on his computer, Colett on her Kindle, Isabelle on my computer, Amy on her phone, Wayne on his computer, and Matt on his computer.  It was a little disconcerting and I commented ..... what is happening to family conversation?  It did stir up conversation though as Colett and I discussed books and then checked out the ratings of several books that you can download for free. Matt and Wayne discussed football games and statistics, and Isabelle talked about how she is saving money for an I-something.  It really is nice when we are discussing something and if we don't know the answer, someone can look it up in seconds.  We haven't used an encyclopedia in years.
7.  Millie brought her doll over and sat it on the couch.  I just glanced over and for a nanosecond, I thought there was a baby there.
8.  The Yarro's have a gym membership for only $10 a month each.  It includes tanning, all the up to date equipment etc. and you don't have to sign a membership agreement.  I need to look into that.

No comments: