Friday, January 13th, 2012

1.  It's Friday the 13th.  I am not superstitious about it.  We have had good things happen to us on other Friday the 13th. 
2.  We went to dinner with the Utley's.  I wish I knew how to cook scallops like Carraba's does but since they do it in a wood fired oven, I will never get the flavor that they do. I am allergic to celery and ordered one without it.  They brought me my salad  and I started to eat it. The waiter came and told me to stop because it was made in a bowl that had had celery in it.  They gave me a new one and worried for me.  The manager came out twice to see if I was OK.  That was nice.  They also went to the back to see if there was celery in the one I ate but didn't find any.  Since I never eat it, I can taste even the tiniest bit so I knew I hadn't gotten any.  I had a $10 coupon that they had sent me for my birthday so that was nice too.
3.  Colett called and has been scammed by a seller on KSL.  She bought a washer and dryer that was supposed to be a high end  set with a warranty.  They were still in the boxes so they neglected to look.  When they got it home it was the lowest end set with no warranty and he had charged them way too much and now won't answer his phone.  Colett was literally sick because she had worked all year to save for them.  ($1200.00)  I cried for her.
4.  We went visiting teaching to Nicole, and then Becky came visiting teaching to me.  I love the interaction with all the ladies that are part of my V.Teaching circle.
5.  We have hardly had any snow this year so far, but the 1/2 inch we had days ago is still in my front yard.  It hasn't been that cold but we face north.

No comments: