Monday, December 5th, 2011

1.  Emerson decorated my Christmas tree.  He got up on a ladder and reached as high as he could and did the whole front of the tree.  He loved every minute.  When he leaves I will take the ornaments down and redecorate, but don't tell him.  We also watched "Polar Express".  He is a little afraid of it but is so intrigued that he sits through it.
2.  I went to lunch with the ladies. We used to be in the RS presidency together and just love each other.  Kneaders was the place and turkey salad was the lunch.  It was good to just sit and visit again.
3.  The doorbell rang and Laura Locey was there with dinner in hand.  I couldn't believe it.  She is the sweetest thing in the world and we appreciated it so much.  I will have to take her example and pay it forward.  I was very touched.
4.  I repaired several broken ornaments and items that needed touch ups.
5.  I bought one of the ugliest nativity creations last year for pennies on the dollar and am repainting it.  When I am done it will be  wonderful.  It is Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus with a scripture underneath.  It was painted so terribly that nobody bought it.  I always look for what it could be when I'm done.  I have gotten lots of ugly Santa figurines and transformed them too.

No comments: