1. Took a tour of the Kennecot/Bingham/Rio Tinto Copper Mine today along with Colett and kids and Amy and Emerson. I was there a few years ago but it is even bigger now and very impressive. We watched the 18 minute film, took photos and checked out the gift shop. It was only $5 for a carload. Here are some tidbits: they blast 4 times a day (but we missed it)., it is one of the man-made structures that you can see from space, the mine employs over 20,000 people. How come I've never met anyone who works there?? They get some gold and silver there too, the mine has been going for over 100 years.
2. I freeze bottles 3/4 full of water and then fill it on up with water before I leave on an outing.. I was glad I had it today. I get heat exhaustion pretty quickly if I don't have water.
3. The new toaster works well. It was less than $15 and works better than the much more expensive toaster over (Black and Decker) so don''t buy one of those. I love a good slice of toast with about anything.
4. The green beans finally have blossoms so in a week or so we will have fresh beans again. Cooked in the pressure cooker for 3 minutes, they are heavenly.
5. Watching "So You Think You've Got Talent". The finals have some amazing acts.