Monday, August 1st, 2011

1.  Hostessing my 2 granddaughters Isabelle and Amelia, We had a sleep-over last night and fun today. We went to the park to play but the slide was hot and the air so muggy we didn't stay long.  We went to Smith's for an ice cream cone then home for a badminton game but Millie hit the birdie on top of the shed.  Isabelle finally got it down by spraying it with the hose but again it was too hot and muggy.  I helped Isabelle make a little pillow for her friend's birthday.  She embroidered her name and a heart on it then sewed it together on my machine and then stuffed it and hand sewed the opening shut.  For dinner,Isabelle made mac and cheese with bologna in it, Millie had a corn dog and an egg roll.  Wayne had a pork taco and a corn dog and I had just plain pork and some mac and cheese.  Were we a restaurant tonight? Then they got the giggles and their Mom said they couldn't go home until they shaped up.  We had a fun time.  I love those little girls.
2.  Finished reading by book club book and had food for thought about it.
3.  Kee called and was able to find really good deals for back to school supplies for 3 out of the 4 kids and saved a ton of money.
4.  Fozzie finally got a bath and a summer hair cut.  It takes so long.  He was patient and the girls loved kissing and babying him when he was done.
5.  I'm liking my new Oil of Olay age defying moisturizer.  It hasn';t worked for the wrinkles yet but my skin feels soft.  I think I at least look a week younger.

No comments: