Monday, August 22nd, 2011

1.  Wayne had a long commute because of a wreck on the Interstate.  It took him 1 1/2 hours to get home.  It is started to bug him a lot, but he came home and made dinner.  He had marinated chicken breasts in the morning, grilled up some onions and fresh green peppers and I cooked the tortillas for fajitas. They were better than most places in town.  I used the leftover tortillas and and baked them with cinnamon and sugar for dessert.
2.  I tried to read a lot today but my mind wouldn't stay focused.  I did all the laundry from the trip, caught up on my email, and that was about it.  I need to feel better so I can get more done.
3.  I filled up my water fountain and turned it on.  The sounds takes me back to the mountain creeks.  I could listen for hours.
4.  I did a little clothing repair.  My sewing machine is working well enough to do that and it feels good to get it done.
5.  Talked to Kee on the phone twice.  They are starting to pack and pare things down in the house so it will show better.  My prayers will be for them.  She says they are calm.

No comments: