Sunday, May 8th, 2011

1.  I got a couple of emails from old friends in Montana that said my son Shon gave the talk  today in his ward on Mother's Day and that it was amazing.  I'm proud of you Shon. He also called me tonight.  I was thinking of my first time at motherhood and how cute  and sweet he was as a baby.  Becoming a mother is the best thing I ever did.
2.  Wayne got me flowers, a outdoor lawn chair, a beautiful card for Mother's Day, and then cooked me a meal of pork loin, scalloped potatoes and spinach salad. Needless to say...he is wonderful and gave me a very happy Mother's Day. I heart you.
3.  Colett, Matt and family and Amy and Emerson came for dinner.  Colett gave me a cute wall mounted wooden plaque that had a ring on it to hold a mason jar that you use as a candle holder or flower holder or to hold pens and pencils etc.(Darling) Amy gave me a crate of garden items including a tool, plant markers with chalkboard paint so you can write what the plant is on it, some lavender, gloves and a mushroom plant poke.  I really love them both.  They are sweet and thoughtful daughters and really good mothers themselves.
4.  Amy was born on Mother's Day 35 years ago so she has to celebrate with me each year.  I made her birthday brownies and ice cream since she doesn't care for cake.  Wes had to work, she didn't feel well and Emerson was cranky so it wasn't her best Mother's Day celebration, but hopefully it will be better tomorrow on her actual birthday and she can celebrate again.
5.  Ward conference was good and gave me a renewed desire to attend the temple more regularly.  We have an amazing stake president.  He is such a thoughtful, kind and spiritual person.

No comments: