July 27th through Aug. 7th

Life has been so hectic and I have wanted to stop and catch up but some things just had to give. But for my journal, I will just highlight some things that have gone on for the last couple of weeks.

1.  I missed being in Cowley for Pioneer Day.  I went to my home town web sight and saw all the people that were there that I didn't get to see.
2.  The humming birds have come in full force.  I can hardly keep up with the nectar.  There are several that fight all the time.  Naughty little birds... but I love to watch them.  One flew right in front of my kitchen window and just watched me as I did dishes.
3.  We went on vacation through the Tetons, Yellowstone Park, Red Lodge Montana, Cowley Wyoming, the Big Horn Mountain, Sheridan, WY, Bozeman, MT and then on home all within 8 days.  We spent a lot of time on the road.  For the first half, Isabelle rode with us and entertained Emerson who also rode with us.  On the ride home he was alone with us but was as good as gold.  We saw a huge bald eagle by the road on Yellowstone Lake, we saw hundreds of Buffalo, we saw an osprey with a fish in it's claws, we saw deer, antelope, a prairie dog town, moose, herons, and many other assorted birds.
4.  We ate dinner and saw the show of the Bar J Wranglers.  It was very fun and very good.
5.  We got into all the National Parks free because Wayne has a senior pass.  That saved a lot of money.  There area few perks about being old-er.
6.  We stayed in some very old and moderate rooms that were over a hundred dollars a night.  They stick it to tourists when they can. 
7.  I still love looking at the geysers in Yellowstone Park and people watching especially those from other countries who appreciate our country.
8.  I was glad my friend Lori could house and dog sit so I didn't have to worry about things at home.
9.  I was so glad to see my parents, my brothers and sisters-in-law and to have my sister in-law make us dinner, and home-made rolls for breakfast the next day.
10.  I was amazed at the mountain flowers this year.  One road, high in the mountain, had amazing flowers on both sides of the road.  There were many varieties and colors.  My grand daughters collected their fair share.
11.  I found a pine tree that had just relieved itself of all it's pine cones.  They were big and beautiful so my daughters and I picked them up and found a little spot in my trunk to bring them home for a future craft day.
12.  I didn't fish or gold pan this trip but the family did.  I got to bond with my little Era and to read.  It was a lovely, quiet time.
13.  A real (albeit crazy cowboy) was on the mountain spouting scriptures to the guys.  I wasn't there luckily.  Wayne tried to strike up a conversation but all he would do was quote scriptures.  Wayne told him he felt sorry for his dog.  I was afraid he would come back with a gun and shoot us all up.  He just went from camp to camp spouting scriptures and asking everyone to repent.
14.  Wayne's sister had a steak dinner ready for us when we got to her home and we got to see Wayne's brother and niece.  We found a decent hotel in Sheridan for $68.
The next morning Wayne and I made breakfast for everyone with the leftover eggs, bacon and juice from the mountain.  Cara added fresh biscuits.
15.  I went to an antique store and found a little salt cellar that I have been trying to find.  I also got another yummy smelling bar of soap and a really cool moose Christmas ornament.  I get a new ornament for every trip we make.
16.  We had gourmet dinner group this week with our friends.  This time it was an Argentinian theme.  We had steak, rosemary lemon potatoes, empanadas, squash, fresh green beans, caramel flan and salad.  We seem to really do it up right every month.
17.  The garden is producing tomatoes, along with green beans, onions, corn, squash, cucumbers and basil.   I also ate a couple of apples off the tree.  Oh, how I love this time of year when we can eat fresh from the garden. 
18.  It has been too many days in the high 90's so I am so appreciative of air conditioning.  Amy has been living with us while they finish their basement and I think she is always cold but to me it is heaven.
19.  Colett and Matt got to go on to the Black Hills and see Mount Rushmore and do all the other things around it.  They saw caverns, the Cosmos House, Reptile Gardens, Storyland Park etc. and they had such a good time.  They also got to stop and see Devil's Tower.
20.  We were able to stay a night at Wayne's cousin's home. His wife took the kids 4 wheeling and they were so kind.  My dear friend from Wyoming also opened her home for Amy and Colett's families to stay even though she was out of town.
21.  Fozzie was so glad to have us back from vacation.  He actually cried and had lost his voice but unfortunately, he got it back. :>)
22.  The cars worked well and none of us got sick.
23.  Wes had men come in while we were gone and got all the mud and taping done to the drywall in their basement.  Amy and the kids moved back home this morning (the 7th).  I am sure they can't wait to sleep in their own beds again.  I have enjoyed having them here and will miss seeing 4 big eyes every morning and the big squeezes I get every morning.
24.  I have loved watching the Olympics and have seen most of them.  I am addicted.
I would love to go to England some day and see where my ancestors all came from.
25.  I have loaded up the Kindle with new books and am ready to dive into them this week.

No comments: