Friday, August 9th, 2012

1.  I was playing games on my computer and got really upset with myself for wasting time today even though I was watching the Olympics at the same time.  Made myself a note not to get involved in stupid games.
2.  I picked the green beans in the garden.  I got a lot, but only 25% were edible.  I don't know if we got the wrong bean seeds or if the watering system is not getting wet enough, but they are all seeds and skin and no flesh.  They also have strings and we bought stringless.  I was so disappointed.   Tomatoes and beans are my favorite thing this time of year.
3.  We were driving down the street and ran into Jim and Jaymie and they told us to hop in and go to dinner with them.  Good Wood was the destination.  I had the French dip but didn't eat the bread.  It was just right but I wanted green salad instead of the cole slaw and they charged me $2.60 extra.  I think you should be able to pick what you want from their sides without a penalty.
4.  Watched the Olympics again.  The girls doing the rhythmic gymnastics are pretty amazing.  They make it looks so easy and I have a renewed respect for the synchronized swimmers.  They are really athletic and strong (crazy routines and costumes aside) they are pretty amazing.
5.  We got some rain tonight.....of course it came with a major amount of wind, but maybe there will be enough moisture to help out out the pinion fire.  As of this morning it was only 30% contained.  I am tired of dirty skies and the smoke smell we have had all summer.

No comments: