Sunday, April 8th, 2012

1.  Easter morning and the weather is so nice and sunny.  That hasn't happened in a while.
2.  We had choir practice this morning because we are singing for Easter.  Joe Eggleston is playing the clarinet with the choir and organ.  That is one talented young man.  He plays the cello , sings,  and plays the clarinet like a pro.  He will be graduating this year and we will miss him in our choir.  The # went well as did the talks.
3.  Sacrament meeting was good.  I love hearing stories of Easter and comments on the atonement and resurrection.  I am so grateful for Jesus.  Truly grateful for the opportunity to be able to be resurrected and to have family and friends to greet me when I pass to the other side. 
4.  We had our Easter dinner with the girls and their families.  Wes did have to work but his fire chief left his firemen an Easter treat outside their bedroom doors,  I thought that was really sweet.  Wayne baked a ham and made a broccoli casserole, I peeled potatoes and made a cherry sauce that I found on Pinterest to put on the ham.  It was really good and I will keep that recipe.  Colett brought deviled eggs and fresh pineapple and Amy made peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies.  Everything was delicious and even the little kids ate everything.  Nick had a harder time eating because of his new braces but managed anyway.  The kids and girls were all dressed in their Easter outfits
5.  We had an Easter egg hunt.  The daughters stuffed the eggs and Matt hid them.  We let Emerson have a few seconds head start and then the kids were set loose.  Nick didn't participate this year.  It was kind of sad.  I guess he thinks he is too old.  Are you ever too old?  I would hunt for eggs at 90 if I thought I would get a Reece's peanut butter cup in them.  Life changes though. Nick was dressed in a jacket and tie and looked very handsome.  We were all commenting that we missed Shon and his family.  We have had them here for the last couple of Easters.  Maybe next year.  I took lots of pictures until Emerson finally said he had had enough of picture taking and left.  We used reverse psychology and told him to go, that we didn't want him in the family photo and he couldn't come back, so of course he came right back and got in on the photo shoot. 

No comments: