Monday, November 14th, 2011

1.  I woke up feeling pretty sick and went to the doctor's office without an appointment hoping they could fit me in.  There was nobody else there so I got right in.  I asked if they could do a swab of my throat to see if I had strep.  I paid my $35.00 co-payment.  I had waited going in for 9 days because I thought I just had a cold, but my throat was hurting so badly that I could hardly swallow.  The test came out negative and took all of 2 minutes.  When I asked the nurse if there was anything I could do, she smugly said, try a cough drop.  I left and went home and sat there and got angry.  I felt I was treated poorly, so summoning up my nice but not usually forceful nature, I told them I was coming back to see the doctor since I had already paid to see him.  I had to wait 1 hour and 10 minutes and almost left again but I was pretty upset and getting sicker by this time so I stayed.  The Doc said I had a sinus infection that had been dripping in the back of my throat and caused my awful sore throat.  He gave me a prescription for antibiotics.  If I hadn't gone back in I would be very sick still.  I probably won't be gong back into that Doctor, even though I think he a a pretty good one.  Thank you Susan for encouraging me to go back.  That's what friends are for.  You had my back.
2.  Wayne went to work this morning thinking he would hear from the hospital about going in for his stent treatment.  They told us he was scheduled for Monday.  When he called admitting, they didn't know anything about it or him.  What is going on with the medical community?  It's like you give 10 people your information, they all say they will set things up and then nobody knows what the other person is doing.  That's why you need an advocate with you.  We still don't know when he will get his treatment.  I am usually so easy gong, but I am about to scream this week.
3.  I  love the Citrus drink from Stephen's Hot Cocoa company.  It is called Gourmet Wassail and it is yummy and makes my throat feel better.
4.  Chicken tacos for dinner and then to Walmart to pick up Wayne's prescription.  I picked up night lights so E won't be afraid of the basement, and vitamin E cream for my face.
5.  I found some air freshener ornaments that you hang in the Christmas tree.  They are made from real pine trees so you will have the real Christmas tree smell for the artificial tree.  I don't know how they smell yet but I have hope. 

No comments: