Tuesday, August 9th, 2011

1.  Watched a bi-plane spray the crops in Idaho...it would swoop so low that I thought it would crash but then it swooped back up and flew right over us.  It was poetry in motion.
2.  Going to Promontory Point to the visitor center to the place where the transcontinental railroad first began. We watched the movie, checked out the museum and then watched the steam powered train engines go down the tracks. The engines were replicas of the originals and painted so beautifully that even this girl  was very impressed.  I did not have good history teachers in my school so I missed out on a lot of fun history lessons.  Now  I want to buy a book and read all about it.
3.  We drove to the Thiokol area where the rockets are built and tested in Utah.  You think you have a grasp of how big some of them are but when you stand beside them, it is pretty impressive. There are all kinds of rockets, some from the 1950's and some as recent as the patriot missiles. There is a lot of security around the area and no cameras are allowed past a certain area.  I'm sure that we had some hidden cameras focused on us too. At the rocket park you could take photos though ,and I did which I will post to my other blog.
4.  Finished my book " Reinventing Leona" which was just OK and started another one "My Antonia" which I am liking much better.  There are references to Montana and Wyoming  and  the Mormon's  persecutions which I am finding very interesting.  I am keeping up with my summer reading schedule.
5.  Stopped off at a Costco and Wayne got 2 new western shirts for $4.00 each.  When an asterisk appears on the sign, it means a closeout, so run and get whatever it is before it's gone.  I got a "North Anger Abbey" movie.  We'll see if it's good enough that Jane Austen would approve.

No comments: