Friday, July 1, 2011

1.  Went shopping in Sheridan at the antique mall.  I found some vintage milk glass salt and pepper shakers.  They have metal lids, larger holes and are just my style.  It is hard to find good salt and pepper shakers any more.  The lady at the kitchen store said they are even hard for them to find.  Everyone seems to be going to pepper mills and salt grinders.
2.  Went to the little museum behind the famous "King Rope" store store.  They make ropes and lariats for rodeos among other things,  and after a few minutes of cigarette smoke, we left.  I'm sure the animal mounts and antiques will all be ruined one day by so much smoke.  \
3.  I bought some grapefruit spoons.  We have never had any, but hoping they work well.  I also got a bar of fancy soap with the scent of  ginger and orange.  I can never pass up a fancy soap.  It is one of my guilty pleasures.
4. Bought some socks and  a T-shirt because we decided to head up to the mountains again and I didn't bring any mountain clothes with me.
5.  We got a room in the same motel that we had a couple of days ago, and then went to the place where  everyone was camping.  We saw Wayne's nephews Tony and family, Kirby and family, and had a wiener roast, made smores, talked, and talked some more.  Amy, Wes and E took the four wheeler out for a sight seeing tour as did Wayne later in the evening. We took Emerson back to our motel so he wouldn't get cold and because he wanted to go with us so much that he was crying.  He was fine until bed time and then he said " Grandma, I don't think this is going to work out, I need my Mom and Dad".  He is a precocious little 3 year old.  He did settle down and go to sleep though.

No comments: