Saturday, June 4th, 2011

1.  Sat in the back yard and soaked up the sun and read.  It was so wonderful.
2.  Wayne played golf today and did really well.  He hasn't played much in recent years but got a 79.
3.  Fresh lettuce from Tricia for our salad tomorrow.  I see little tiny tips of corn coming up in my garden but we won't have any produce for quite a while I'm afraid.
4.  Colett and Matt left for a Mexican vacation and Millie was doing better.  Be safe and happy all week while I babysit the granddog.
5.  My fingernails are gross but the yard is looking really good after covering all the dirt areas with dark mulch. The grow boxes are surrounded by rock gravel now too so the weeds won't grow.  Wayne played 18 holes of golf and then worked until 9:30 p.m.  lifting and carrying rocks to the garden area.  How does he do it?  He thinks I should work til he is done too but I quit at 9 and said I'm done for the day. What a task master. Actually, I am so grateful he works so hard and we are usually a very good team.  I  think I was tired from the sun I soaked up.  I'll be back at it on Monday.

No comments: